U.S. Citizens or Green card Holders in Canada

When it comes to filing federal taxes, there is pretty much no difference in tax compliance. Even though you may be classified differently for immigration law purposes, US Green Card Holders are considered US tax residents – just like US citizens. So, the rule of US citizens being taxed on their global income applies to Green Card Holders. But you shouldn’t worry about unequal tax differences because you may be able to take advantage of tax breaks such as the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion and the Foreign Tax Credits…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *